Vault7: CIA Hacking Tools Revealed
Navigation: » Latest version
Frog Prince De-Install Tests
4.1.7 The implant shall include a self-delete capability
4.1.8 The implant shall provide the operator with an explicit run time self-delete capability
4.1.9 The implant's self-delete capability shall be operator configurable to remove the implant at a configured date/time
4.1.10 The implant's self-delete capability shall be operator configurable to remove the implant after a relative install time
4.1.11 The implant's self-delete capability shall remove all files created by the implant that contain state, configuration, tasking, and results
4.1.12 The implant's self-delete capability shall use a 1 pass overwrite when removing files.
4.1.13 The implant's self-delete capability shall overwrite the file name with random characters when removing files.
4.11.14 The implant's self-delete capability shall transmit a final beacon indicating that self-delete has begun.
- Find utility to restore erased files
- build implant with relative de-install time or set relative de-install time
- Write scripts for user interface
- de-install immediate command
- de-install at date/time
- de-install at relative date/time
- queue status/list
Manual (command) Test
- run script de-install immediate
- Monitor Target
- x file(s) present
- task list check?
- system log?
- Monitor LP
- response file?
- status of child queue(s)
Automated (configured / Timed) Test
- load pre-configured build or send set command to configure
- relative time
- specific time
- wait until designated time
- Monitor Target and LP