Vault7: CIA Hacking Tools Revealed
Owner: User #14587667
vSphere Web Client Slow to Open VM Consoles
If the vSphere Web Client you are using is slow to open VMs in a console, the following explains how to speed it up.
The main cause is due to the fact that the vCenter server is using a self-signed SSLSecure Socket Layer cert. When a request is made, Windows tried to update it's own root certificates by connecting to a Microsoft server. You can turn off automatic root certificates update to stop this from occurring.
- In Windows, Click Start -> Run.
- Type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.
- Under Computer Configuration, select Administrative Templates -> System -> Internet Communication Management -> Internet Communication settings.
- Double-click "Turn off Automatic Root Certificates Update".
- Select "Enabled", and then click OK.