Vault7: CIA Hacking Tools Revealed
Owner: User #14587667
Listening Post (LP) Creation
Below are the current Operating Systems currently readily available LPs:
- CentOS 6.6 (CentOS 7 coming soon)
- Debian 7.5
- Ubuntu 12.04, 14.04
Note: All are 64-bit operating systems
Changes made to the base VMVirtual Machine template (Pre-clone):
Below are modifications that are made by COG/OSD/ONB to the vanilla OSOperating System installation before creating the VMVirtual Machine template.
- Disable root login
- Disable kernel module modification (post-boot). Pre-boot kernel mods can be performed.
Changes made post VMVirtual Machine cloning:
Below are modifications that are made by COG/OSD/ONB to the VMVirtual Machine after cloning it from a template.
- Timezone set to UTC.
- Remove old SSHSecure Shell keys.
- Remove history log
- Remove /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persisten.rules
- Add /etc/init.d/cleanup
- Rotate/cleanup logs.
- Configure IP tables to only allow inbound port 22. Log and drop all other traffic.
- Setup NTPNetwork Time Protocol and force update. Points to internal NTPNetwork Time Protocol server.
- Update all packages (yum update, apt-get update && apt-get upgrade)
- Configure syslog to send to splunk.
- Remove "user" account if not used (ubuntu only).