Vault7: CIA Hacking Tools Revealed
Owner: User #13763861
Reflash iOS Device
(U) Device Firmware Update (DFUDevice Firmware Update (recovery mode)) Mode
(U) Put the device into DFUDevice Firmware Update (recovery mode) mode by:
- Power off the device
- Connect the device to the activation station via USB
- While the device is off, hold both the power and home button for ten (10) seconds
- Release the power button, but keep pressing the home button
(U) The screen will not turn on while in DFUDevice Firmware Update (recovery mode) mode until the process is complete.
(U) Update the Firmware
(U) Once the device has been scrubbed or put into DFUDevice Firmware Update (recovery mode) mode, it can be updated/restored to the current firmware.
- Put the device into DFUDevice Firmware Update (recovery mode) mode
- Press and hold the home button and the power button simultaneously.
- Wait ten seconds.
- While maintaining the home button depressed, release the power button
- Wait ten more seconds.
- Release the home button
- Wait for iTunes to prompt you to restore the device and hold the option key while clicking the button
(U) This will prompt you to pick a firmware file to load onto the device.
- Select the file that matches the hardware version (all boxes should be labeled with the hardware version, firmware version, and firmware build number)
- Record on the box the new firmware version and build number.